Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

First Five for Friday

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching  for my first ever Five for Friday post. Now that I am getting into the groove at school, it's time to show you some of the things we've been up to this week. 

First off, it was a rough week for me at school for many reasons. I felt pretty down on Tuesday. It was a reality check for me on day 14 of school. I have a feeling this year is going to be a very long one for me. Luckily, my awesome co-worker cheered me up. This quote from her is my new motto for the school year. I have to remember that even if where they are at today is three steps back from yesterday, keep moving forward. I can only control what happens within my classroom and my attitude about each situation. I've got to stay positive.

 The arrival of my second iPad for the classroom was very exciting. This bad boy will get to travel out to the mainstream classroom with one of my students. The cool Wordflex dictionary app and the Signing Savvy membership app will help the student become more independent during language arts activities.


We started our new read-aloud "How I Became a Pirate". Today we completed this fun treasure chest beginning, middle and end  from this unit on TpT. 

 
We finished up our noun study. We cut pictures from magazines for our person/place/thing anchor charts. The students sorted person/place/thing pictures and words during several different activities over the past two weeks. 

We also finished up our first math unit on money. Since we are using coins this year for our Classroom Economy I wanted to ensure the students had a good foundation for counting coins. The touch money system will be perfect for my younger students. I was so proud of my youngest kiddos that could count by 5's and count nickels with pennies. These little accomplishments are huge in my classroom and a reason to celebrate. 




1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you got another ipad. They sure do make learning fun and I imagine are a wonderful resource for your students while they are being mainstreamed! I love the "You have to meet them where they are". That's a wonderful reminder for all of us! Day by Day, Kelly. That's all we can do!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete