Image Map

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Pile



Every teacher has one over the summer. Some large, some small. But we all have to admit that somewhere in our house we have a pile of school stuff waiting to go to the classroom.
This summer my pile is small compared to last summer. Last year I did a complete overhaul of my classroom by painting furniture, redoing every single board and changed my whole room to a black and white theme. I loved the look, so this year I don't have to change very much in the classroom. Hence why the pile is so small. Plus, I'm going to Ikea tomorrow... so I can't make any promises that this pile will remain small. I've  also been enjoying being a stay at home momma, so I haven't worked very much on creating things for the classroom yet.
I just cleaned out, organized and purged my office/scraproom last weekend. It felt good to get organized. I found all sorts of things I 'forgot' about for the classroom. Like all those zippered pouches my sister's store donated. I'm not sure how I'll use them yet, but I'll find a way.

I'm suddenly feeling the pressure that the clock is ticking and summer is half over. That's depressing. I'm having way too much fun! Now that summer school has wrapped up in my classroom I think they will be cleaning it this week. That means next week I can get into my room and start to organize and get ready for a new year. Year #16. Crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I use zippered pouches for my reward system. That's where my kiddos store their tickets they earn as well as their library card. I'm jealous you get to go to Ikea. I've never been before. I think I'd fall in love.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete