Image Map

Monday, July 1, 2013

Birthday Balloons

Last summer I sat on the sidelines and watched teacher blog after teacher blog post all their fun stuff they were making for their classrooms.  This summer, since I have a blog, I'm going to play along as well! This is my first ever link up with Made It Monday with 4th Grade Frolics.

I thought I'd ease gently into the 'thinking about the classroom' mode and make something easy. I've seen these birthday bouquets with crazy straws all over the place. I thought it would be fun to have these ready to give to my students when it's their birthday. I purchased the crazy straws at Michael's in the $2 bin. The Happy Birthday balloons are a free printable by Teaching in Flip Flops.  You can find the free printable here. I taped the
straws to the back of the balloon using washi tape. I repurposed the black container from my office and I already had the ribbon and the shredded paper stuffing. I'm going to add a little packet of Kool-Aid to the back of the balloon as well.

I'm sure the kids will like this little goodie better than my silly little Happy Birthday certificate and pencil.

9 comments:

  1. These are so cute!!
    ((Hugs))
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Kelly. Don't forget November 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Kelly. Don't forget November 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The template you used for the balloons is super cute. Thanks for sharing. This on on my summer to-do list. I'l be attaching my balloons to the giant pixie sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute!! Thank you so much for including the link to the balloons. I am off to print mine now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the cute balloons! I agree, much better than the certificates and cards I had been using!

    ReplyDelete
  7. birthday balloons are a must-have for any birthday party! They come in all different colors and shapes, and they can really add some fun and excitement to the festivities. helium-filled birthday balloons are always a hit with kids, but adults can enjoy them too. Just be sure to get enough for everyone at the party!

    Thank you chocolate bouquet Philippines

    ReplyDelete