Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

Five for Friday, January 17th

Happy Friday! I survived the first week back from winter break. I couldn't be more excited that Monday is a holiday! I am exhausted! But, in an attempt to blog more often, I'm linking up with Doodle Bug's Five for Friday linky party. Here are a few random things from our week.


I am working on getting my very first products for my TpT store ready to upload. Now that I have read all the forums at TpT and tried and LOVED Power Point to create things, I am excited to get some products in my store! I have a bunch of ideas swirling in my head.... if only there was more time in the day to sit down and create!


My older group is learning about informational writing. This week we studied about diagrams and the students created their own. I always love their drawings.... they are so much better than mine. I am NOT an artist!


My new laptops arrived this week! I am SO excited about them! I created this Tech Check out chart so we know who has what device. I found the perfect circle magnets at Target that I covered with paper added the students initials. They worked out really well today.


This afternoon we created our classroom tech rules and learned the procedure for checking out the laptops and how to take care of them. The students were beyond excited that they had computer time! We started with a simple lesson on turning on the computer, plugging in the mouse, starting up Word, typing some simple information, saving, and shutting down the computer. Friday afternoons will be the perfect time for some computer training.

In math, my younger students are learning about telling time. We used this simple telling time scavenger hunt I found on TpT. The students love to get up and move around the classroom!

Have a great three day weekend everyone!






2 comments:

  1. My firsties love to get out of their seat for Write the Room activities! The diagrams are great! Have a good weekend!

    Blessings,
    Sarah
    smbhankinson@gmail.com
    Learning is for Superstars
    follow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...I can't wait to see your Computer Lapbook up on TpT! Glad your kiddos loved using the new laptops. The chart looks fab! As always...your creativity inspires me!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete