Image Map

Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Made It- QR Codes

I finally did it! I tried a QR code in my classroom that I made! I used this site to create my QR codes. Then I used these little frames from IKEA to display the codes. Each student has a frame with their 4 sight words for the week (there are two on the back side of the frame was well). I print out the QR codes and tape them in place so I can reuse it with new sight words each week.

Anything that involves technology is exciting to the kids! First they scan their QR code with the app i-nigma. I've tried several QR code readers, but this seems to be the easiest for the kids to use and navigate. I just wish that the font was larger when the text pops up.

 Then they record their sight word on their recording page in the corresponding number.

The last step is cutting apart their sheet with their signs. We photo copy the signs and the students need to match up the words and signs. 

This is great practice for my students and they love this new center!


3 comments:

  1. I never thought of using QR codes with sight words! Great idea!

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Kelly! My kids made their own QR codes this week. Unfortunately, one group couldn't get theirs' to pull up. I think they might have had too much text. I am so jealous that you have those frames from IKEA. I saw so many people had written about them this summer. I've never been to IKEA. I'd probably try to move in.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Scandit? The font on that scanner appears big, compare to others that I have used. I use QR codes a lot in my classroom, My kids love it, and it motivates them a lot. I create a lot of QR codes to reinforce grammar lesson of the week.
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete