Image Map

Friday, December 13, 2013

Five For Friday the 13th

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday weekly posts. Here's a look at five random things from the week:

This time of the year is so exciting for children. You can feel the buzz in the classroom, that's for sure! It's hard to get them to focus. So I'm trying to channel that excitement. 


 

We wrote our letters to Santa. The kids were very excited to show and tell me all about the things that they'd love Santa to bring. Since I teach 1st-6th, there is a wide variety of toys on their wishlists. From innocent little princesses to Grand Theft Auto. Awesome.



We've been reading the Polar Express and doing various activities about the book. I just loved this little activity I pinned on Pinterest. It was perfect for working on adjectives and our "I See" train turned out adorable.



I am super excited that I won my very first giveaway! It's huge! I won this amazing Polar Express Unit and Centers pack from Teacher's Clubhouse and Queen of the First Grade's Mini Polar Express Unit. There were over 2,600 entries and I was the lucky one. Crazy! It's perfect since we've been reading the Polar Express and Monday we're having our big Polar Express Day! I started to prepare the centers for next week. So many materials to choose from that I'm in Heaven! Thanks Amanda and Katie!




We started to work on our parent gifts. Thank God for Pinterest. Really, what did we do before it came along? These Dollar Store potholders (2 for $1) turned out perfect. I pinned this last year and loved the idea.

 
 
No Christmas would be complete without the school photo parent ornament. These little plaster ornaments were 70% off at Michaels.  So parent gifts cost me a whole 78 cents per kiddo this year. Perfect!
 
I'll be back next week to post all about our Polar Express party! It's going to be fun!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/12/five-for-friday-linky-party-december.html

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I am loving each and every one of your ideas of crafts that you are using with your kiddos this year. I think the pot holder is my favorite! I have been covered in glitter this week from crafts in the classroom. I even offered to vacuum my own room. Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete